Unlimited, Free Access to Southern Security ATMs!
Members of Southern Security Federal Credit Union have unlimited FREE ACCESS to all SSFCU ATMs. Click Locations link for list.
When you need convenient ATM Access without paying hefty surcharges, a bigger network is always better. Southern Security members have access to the CO-OP Network, one of the largest ATM networks in the US. CO-OP Network operates nearly 30,000 surcharge-free ATMs across the country. Click Locations link to find those near you.
Foreign Transactions If using an ATM other than those of Southern Security or the Surcharge-Free Network, there is a fee for each withdrawal. This fee is debited from your account at the time of the transaction.
Deposits Deposits to your Southern Security accounts are only accepted at Southern Security ATMs. However, not all SSFCU ATMs accept deposits. See Locations for services offered. Southern Security DOES NOT accept deposits for other financial institutions nor do we allow other financial institutions to accept deposits on behalf of our members.
Find More ATMs Your Southern Security Debit MasterCard or ATM card also works at ATMs worldwide. When using an ATM outside the CO-OP Network, you may incur surcharges that an individual ATM owner may charge. However, this is to be disclosed to you, the ATM user, prior to your transaction.
For additional ATM locations (those likely to have surcharge fees) click here. If you don't see a network from your local area, try your card anyway. Chances are it will be accepted.
ATM Safety Tips
ATMs are a great convenience, but they can compromise your safety. A robber looking for easy prey only has to stake out an ATM in a low-traffic, dimly lit area and bide his time.
Here are some great tips for making sure your visit to the ATM is uneventful:
- Always pay close attention to the ATM and your surroundings. Don't select an ATM at the corner of a building -- corners create a blind spot. Use an ATM located near the center of a building. Do your automated banking in a public, well-lighted location that is free of shrubbery and decorative partitions or dividers.
- Maintain an awareness of your surroundings throughout the entire transaction. Be wary of people trying to help you with ATM transactions. Be aware of anyone sitting in a parked car nearby. When leaving an ATM make sure you are not being followed. If you are, drive immediately to a police or fire station, or to a crowded, well-lighted location or business.
- Do not use an ATM that appears unusual looking or offers options with which you are not familiar or comfortable.
- Do not allow people to look over your shoulder as you enter your PIN. Memorize your PIN; never write it on the back of your card. Do not re-enter your PIN if the ATM eats your card -- contact a credit union official.
- Do not wear expensive jewelry or take other valuables to the ATM. This is an added incentive to the assailant.
- Never count cash at the machine or in public. Wait until you are in your car or another secure place.
- When using a drive-up ATM, keep your engine running, your doors locked and leave enough room to maneuver between your car and the one ahead of you in the drive-up line.
- Maintain a supply of deposit envelopes at home or in your car. Prepare all transaction paperwork prior to your arrival at the ATM. This will minimize the amount of time spent at the machine.
- Closely monitor your bank statements, as well as your balances, and immediately report any problems to your credit union.
- If you are involved in a confrontation with an assailant who demands your money, COMPLY.