Southern Security offers a wide variety of home loans. Whatever your need, we will have something that works for you and your situation. You will have the advantage of competitive rates and excellent member service. To discuss any of our mortgage offerings, please contact our mortgage director Gladys Pritchard. She can be reached via email or phone 901.452.7900 | 800.633.4128 | ext. 1031.
If you have questions about these or any other type of real estate loan contact SSFCU Mortgage by phone 901.452.7900 | 800.633.4128 | ext. 1031 or via email .
Southern Security offers the following products and retains the servicing. That is, they are held at Southern Security and never sold on the secondary market. These are available only in the Mid-South market area.
- First mortgages, non-variable rate: 10 & 15 -year
- 2nd mortgages, non-variable rate
- Home Equity Lines of Credit (HELOC)
Additional Mortgage Options*
If one of our in-house options doesn’t meet your needs we also offer:
- 30-year mortgages (plus other terms)
- FHA and VA Loans
- 96.5% loan to value (finance 96.5% of purchase price)
- 95% loan to value with no PMI (80/15 Loan)
- Cash-Out Refinances
* These products are sold on the secondary market and are not serviced by Southern Security Federal Credit Union.
Southern Security mortgages are preferred for many reasons. Check out these money and time-saving benefits for our In-House mortgage products.
- Calculated with simple interest
- In-House Mortgages are loans not sold to another lender
- Variety of terms available
- No pre-payment penalty
- Minimal closing costs1
- Minimal paperwork – and the credit union takes care of most of that
- Repayable through payroll deduction/direct deposit
- Variety of mortgages available
1Closing costs are only comprised of direct out-of-pocket expenses incurred by the credit union: appraisal, title search & insurance, attorney's fees.
Applying for a real estate loan is easy. You can begin your application by phone or in person. Click here to apply online. Southern Security will require additional information to complete your online real estate application and someone will contact you to discuss. If you apply at one branch location (via phone or in person) you can complete the process at another, if you wish. Southern Security will need payroll information (last pay stub) for each loan request; so please have that available when applying.
Loan approvals are based on more than your credit score. Southern Security looks at the following:
- Time on the job and at your current residence (indicating stability).
- To whom you owe and how much; then compares that with your income (debt-to-income ratio).
- The value of what you want the money for and how much you’re willing to pay toward it (loan to value ratio).
All of the above affect your ability to borrow and the interest rate offered.
Application includes credit check. Application fee.