We’re like a bank, only betterSECURE LOGIN
Credit unions are not-for-profit organizations that serve their members and communities.
During the Great Depression, credit unions helped restore trust in financial institutions. They are still building trust and wealth for members today.
- Credit unions are member owned – your voice counts
- We provide better rates, lower fees and better service than banks
- Profits made by credit unions are returned to the members in reduced fees, better rates and higher dividends
- You can only join via a connection with a partner organization (you may qualify by family or group connection)
- We invest in your community – local businesses, schools, organizations and events
- Your accounts are insured up to $250,000 by the National Credit Union Insurance Fund, which is backed by the U.S. Treasury
- We provide finance-related services such as investing, insurance and financial guidance
History of credit unions
CUs have been around for more than 100 years. Today there are more than 5,700 credit unions with 100+ million members.
Southern Security’s history
We were founded in 1948 to serve the Firestone Tire & Rubber Company in Memphis. In the 1980s we changed our name to Southern Security Federal Credit Union and invited other companies and organizations to join us. Today we have more than 23,000 individual members, $153 million in assets and 500 partner businesses and organizations.
© 2019 Southern Security Federal Credit Union.
Created by eBiz Solutions