Need a little help budgeting for the biggest retail season of the year?
Join the Holiday Club anytime and save a little all year long in a dividend-bearing account. When the account matures on November 1, the funds are automatically transferred to your Share (savings) account. The Holiday Club automatically renews so you start saving for the next holiday season immediately. Since this account is designed to help you save, there is a penalty for early withdrawals.
- This account can be opened at any time within the year.
- There is no minimum balance for this account.
- Payroll deduction/direct deposit can be set for this account and/or you can make deposits on your own.
- This account matures on or about November 1 when funds are transferred into your Share (Savings) account (where it is then accessible via ATM).
- There is a penalty fee for early withdrawal.
- This account is auto-renewing.
- This account starts earning dividends with a daily balance of $50.
Withdrawing Your Funds
Once your account matures, Southern Security’s elves move your funds to your share (savings) account on or around November 1. Funds are then available for withdrawal or transfer to other accounts. We suggest members apply for an ATM card (or Debit MasterCard) if they do not already have one so that they can access these funds once they're transferred to the Share account.
If you need access to your funds any other time of year you must contact Southern Security. There is a penalty fee for any early withdrawal and requires staff to handle that transaction. That is, access to Holiday Club funds is not available through MoneyTalk or CU Online.
Application & Approval
- There is no application for this account.
- It is opened upon request via speaking with an employee of Southern Security or through submitting a payroll deduction card.
- There is no credit approval required for this account.