Share certificates allow you to earn higher dividends than traditional savings accounts because you deposit a specific dollar amount for a set period of time. Share certificates offer a variety of options with terms from 91 days to five years and deposit minimums as low as $500. Your one-time deposit gives you greater return for the term you’re most comfortable with. There is a minimum balance requirement and a penalty for early withdrawals.
- Earn higher dividends by depositing a specific dollar amount for a set period of time (91 days to five years).
- Opened upon request – by phone, email or in person
- Certificates will auto-renew unless otherwise directed.
- Payroll deduction/direct deposit does not apply to certificates.
Application & Approval Process
- There is no application for any certificate. It is opened upon request by speaking with an employee of Southern Security.
- There is no credit approval required for this account.
- If funds are available and on deposit in a Southern Security account(s), Southern Security can transfer the available funds to open your certificate(s).