Money Market Account (MMA)
If you’re interested in earning higher dividends and need access to your funds then a money market account (MMA) may be right for you. With a minimum deposit of $2,500, you typically earn higher dividends than traditional savings accounts and your funds are still accessible. You can make withdrawals for any amount as long as you maintain the minimum balance. If you need to access funds in the minimum balance, we’ll simply close out the MMA and move remaining funds to any other savings account you designate. All Southern Security money market accounts are held at the credit union and insured, along with your other accounts, for a combined total of $250,000. This account earns dividends monthly on the daily balance.
- Minimum balance of $2,500 required.
- Traditionally earns higher dividends than traditional share savings account
- Dividends compounded monthly
- Payroll deduction/direct deposit can be set for this account after the minimum balance is established
- This account is not accessible via ATM
Application & Approval Process
- There is no application for this account. It is opened upon request by speaking with an employee of Southern Security.
- There is no credit approval required for this account.
- If funds are available and on deposit in a Southern Security account(s), Southern Security can transfer the available funds to open your MMA.